What is Coaching?
Coaching is an opportunity for you to carve out time for yourself to envision your dream, embrace your passion and strategically create a plan of execution. Coaching also provides an atmosphere of support, encouragement and accountability. Coaching can be attached to any area of your life where you desire to see a transformation.
What Coaching isn’t?
- Coaching isn’t advice on the decisions you should make nor does it provide directions on what to do about your life.
- Coaching will not distinguish what is right or wrong for you or your life.
- Coaching isn’t an experience of judgment or criticism about you or your life in any way.
How is Coaching different from Counseling or Therapy?
Coaching is a formal relationship where the client and coach pair up to create and implement plans to achieve life goals. Counseling is distinctly different in that it is focused on resolving personal, social, or psychological problems and trauma. Coaching is future-focused. It is ideal for people who may be a little confused on how to get started or who may want support in making a big change. It helps you focus on the present and where you would like to go in the future. Clients are always encouraged to pursue professional counseling for any issues that may inhibit success.
Is Coaching right for me?
A good candidate for coaching has the following qualities:
- Student Mentality: Eager to learn and develop themselves
- Driven: Possesses the tenacity to push past obstacles
- Committed: Willing to commit to themselves, the process, and to be accountable
- Flexible and Open Minded: Willing to explore, take appropriate risks and open to change